Saturday 1 October 2016

Contemplation.

I got the latest issue of women's running yesterday, came through the post. I was reading it this morning and it got me thinking (again) about my own running ability. So many people were talking of training to beat their PBs and get faster. They talk of interval training, running at high pace and then falling back to low pace for a bit and so on. I do none of this. Obviously I did interval training with C25K, but that was run walk run. Not running at different speeds. I only have one speed, and it is not fast. Reading up on how to do these intervals, it was saying run a comfortable pace between fast intervals. I don't have a comfortable pace! My comfortable pace is sitting on my arse! ha-ha. Maybe this just means I am doing the right thing in just increasing my endurance for now and not caring about speed. Speed can come later, when I get maybe halfway to half marathon distance. For now, I suppose going at all is good enough, and if it is slow, then so what? Id be interested to hear thoughts from the few of you that do read this and are running. I also think, I am a LOT heavier than many runners. So perhaps I should not focus on speed until I'm lighter. I know I used to be much faster than I am now, but I was also much lighter than I am now, so that will surely slow me

Today was weigh in, and I cannot believe this, but I won slimmer of the week having lost 4lb! And I also won the raffle. So I left with a massive bag of fruit, plus a wok, some noodles, soy sauce, stir fry veg and some tins of kidney beans and some lentils - crazy! Im really chuffed though. It is lovely to get a little prize here and there, I love it. And the wok is green! Its a small wok, the idea behind it was, if your family are all being fat knackers tonight and having a Chinese takeaway, don't give in, make yourself a healthy version, and the pan is the perfect size for one! I was already making Chinese fakeaway tonight anyway ( I will try and add a picture) but for all of us. So we had extra stir fried veggies which is never a bad thing. It was delicious and to be honest I winged it by adapting other recipes but we enjoyed it.

I am toying with the idea of running tomorrow. Partly because I missed Friday, and partly because I don't get weighed now for 2 weeks and I have my birthday in between. I am so looking forward to my birthday weekend but it will most definitely not be weight loss friendly. Ok, food wise is probably ok. We go on the Friday night, and we have already planned a big pot of syn free chilli to eat before we set off. We also are taking fry up stuff for Saturday and sunday morning (SW friendly) and we are having pizza and home made wedges Saturday night (not really SW friendly on the pizza front but better than takeaway pizza), so we only have Saturday lunchtime to find food while we are out and about and we can do nandos or there are some ok meals on wetherspoons menu. But....its the booze. I took delivery of 12 bottles of Prosecco the other day. TWELVE. Theres only four of us. But the Friday night we are staying in, and just having a PJ party after the drive there. So we will probably go through a good few of them. Saturday drinks are just while we eat and get ready, and then we are off to a drag queen cabaret show, which will be boozy, and then out on the town. So, there is a lot of room for gaining here.

I am thinking, run 4 times this week (tomorrow, Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning) and be 100% on plan. Enjoy the weekend, and then get straight back on it next Monday, including running again, even though is IS my birthday. I need to lose 2 more pounds to get down into the next stone bracket and to hit 1.5 stone lost since I started this group, and I would absolutely love to get it that week, what a fab birthday present. I don't know if it is realistic but I can try and its gotta be better than just sacking it off and being bad for a week like I usually would for my birthday right?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting two pounds off this week. Go girl, coz you're on fire at the mo! And as for your running, I think you're doing what you need/enjoy (is enjoy the right word?) so it's perfect for you at this moment. Maybe that'll change, maybe it won't. You're a star, regardless. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with getting two pounds off this week. Go girl, coz you're on fire at the mo! And as for your running, I think you're doing what you need/enjoy (is enjoy the right word?) so it's perfect for you at this moment. Maybe that'll change, maybe it won't. You're a star, regardless. xo

    ReplyDelete