Tuesday 11 October 2016

Happy hen-birthday to me!

Yes, you read that title correctly. No. I'm not getting married. I feel an explanation is in order. Yesterday was my birthday. At the weekend I was away for a girls weekend celebrating. This came about because my friend has a bucket list, and on the list was going to Blackpool, as she had never been. So months ago we decided to go for my birthday weekend and have a good old piss up. It's been booked for ages.

Friday tea time we all rocked up at her house. She had cooked for us so we could eat and then set off. The plan was to get there for 9pm and have a little PJ party (fuelled by alcohol). When I got to her house, she sprung a massive surprise on me. A hen party. Basically I was married once, and when I got married 15 years ago I didn't have a hen do. I wasn't allowed one. Then when I almost remarried, I called it off before the hen do had happened. So I've never had a hen do and she decided a belated one is better than none at all.😂😂😂 Yes really! Well what a weekend we had. I've never drunk so much fizz in one weekend. Its Tuesday and I'm still suffering haha.

But we had a great time. Met loads of people and dragged ourselves to bed at 5.30am on Sunday morning. Urgh. I'm getting too old for this. We booked a booth to go to see drag queen cabaret at funny girls. That was amazing. I'm so glad we did it. Probably the highlight of the weekend for me.

I am slightly scared that my mate got weighed and has put 8lb on over the weekend though. Waaah! I made myself go for a run this morning to attempt to start counteracting it. I pray to god that by Saturday I've done some serious damage limitation. I hope to get two more runs in this week. I had planned to go yesterday but I was so knackered after 3 hours sleep the night before that I just couldn't force myself out of bed. And my fella said on my birthday I should chill out. So I did.

I did 3 miles this morning though and I have walked quite a lot after that going to town for a few bits. I have meals sorted for the week near enough. Slightly scared that tomorrow I'm going to my nannas and she feeds you up. But we shall see. Hopefully she won't have done any baking haha.


Here are a selection of photos from the weekend (sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment