Thursday 13 October 2016

Weigh in is looming....

Last weekend is the first time I've missed weigh in and gone off plan since I joined my group on august 1st. It was all planned, which is slightly better, but I'm dreading the scales.

I did some damage limitation the week before and I've done some more this week after but I know I'm facing a gain. Its inevitable. Nobody can drink that much prosecco and escape a gain.

I also had a Chinese buffet and 2 days of off plan food as well as drinking. And then tomorrow I have a funeral to attend. I don't know what we are doing about the wake but if we do go then of course we will have to eat buffet. Its at 10am and I'll need lunch if we stay around.

This morning I went for a run again. I struggled today again. I think its my body rebelling against my weekend. I'm not still hungover or anything but I do think I have a bad food hangover. Which is clearly worse as its lasting days.

I've done two runs this week and I usually like to do three. Monday Wednesday and Friday. This week I have done Tuesday and Thursday. I may do one tomorrow although I hate running two days in a row, my legs scream at me. But I am not sure a pre weigh in run on Saturday is wise either. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and if I can I'll go out. If not I'll have done two runs this week which is better than none!

I ordered myself a big tub of Epsom salts the other day and they came yesterday. Its a lot bigger than I thought but I don't mind as I love them and use them in the bath a lot. I'm thinking I may go and have a nice long hot soak with a couple of handfuls thrown in to help post run recovery and that might aid with getting out tomorrow. I don't know if anyone else uses them but definitely worth giving a try if you like baths.

I've done a big batch of syn free lasagnes this morning, and I've made a scan bran Christmas cake. Yes really. In October. Apparently we are having a Christmas themed taster morning on Saturday so I decided to give this a go. It smells lovely. I just hope it tastes alright. I also have carribean pepperpot stew to make later. Domestic goddess that I am haha. So yeah my house smells pretty divine right now.

I'm off out later to spend my birthday money if I can decide what I want. I am rubbish at treating myself. Other people I can spend money on all day long (especially my daughter) but myself? I struggle. I have a couple of ideas (is it really sad that some of them are Tupperware?)

I had some lovely comments regarding my last blog by the way. Thank you. It was hard to write but it needed writing.

Here have a recipe for the cake just in case it turns out to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment