Friday 30 September 2016

Germs. Bleurgh!

Yesterday was our macmillan coffee morning day at work. I was all set to be good, I had great intentions. I would be good all day and I would do my long run Friday and all would be well. Then Thursday actually happened.

It started with a 4am bed invader, in the form of my small human. I dozed for half an hour on and off with her fidgeting about and in the end gave up and got up with her at 4.30. I was not happy. We got downstairs and I looked at my phone. I had news, and I didn't like that either. I had been waiting to hear about a colleague of mine. I would say we are pretty close, she sits next to me at work and we have a good friendship. She has been poorly for a couple of weeks and in hospital having various tests. Well the C word has now been said. That horrible bastard word. I felt sick. I got all emotional. I had to go into work and tell the rest of my team. People were upset, it was horrible. I just didn't feel right at all, I assumed it was shock perhaps.

Out came the cakes. And oh my....there were SO MANY!!! Well with such a bad start to the day, how could I resist? I hadn't had any breakfast yet. I put my fiver in the box and had a lovely muffin for breakfast, thinking to myself, with a fiver I can have seconds actually. Fuck it! Oh, but no. Life had other plans. I suddenly felt a cold sweat come over me. Before I knew it, that muffin was reappearing. Honestly I hadn't even been able to enjoy the post cake glow for five minutes. How rude is that?! Well that was me off cake the rest of the day, that's for sure. Stupid sugary delicious bastards.

In light of this, plus the realisation I hadn't taken the precooked chilli I had frozen out of the freezer for tea, I decided there was no harm in buying some cakes for my partner. I wouldn't want to eat any now, he would be less pissed off that he had nowt for tea if I handed him cakes to soften the blow, and I would be donating more money to a great cause (even more poignant in light of the mornings news). Win win. Except no. Because this day was basically becoming a farce, this didn't work out either. Because I couldn't find my bank cards. I have a separate cash purse and card holder. And my card holder was nowhere to be found. Shitting hell! By this point I felt like I was going to pass out or cry, or both. So, I left work and went home. It wasn't even 10am and the day had beaten me. By the time I got home I was shivering and sweating. My whole body was aching. Like, even my eyelashes.

I got in the house and thankfully found my cardholder (again my delightful little cherub had been rifling through my things no doubt. Probably looking for my phone to watch those bloody shitty youtube videos of people opening kinder eggs that she seems to love!). So one thing worked out. I took myself off to bed where I think I went through every range of temperature known to man. I took a lot of codeine and paracetamol and I slept. Needless to say, I did not get up and go for a run today. Not a chance. Im a little better but not in any fit state to exert myself.

I dont work fridays, and little legs doesnt go to nursery on fridays. So, I have survived the day by allowing her to paint my nails and colour my feet in. Just for some peace. I will try and attach pictures of this handywork, as its impressive. (pahahahahaha).

Tomorrow is weigh in and I dont know what to expect. Im ill. Ive not eaten properly last two days. Ive missed a run. And I feel like crap. Well. We shall see eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment