Sunday 18 September 2016

Weekend musings

I've spent the weekend resting my back and stinking of deep heat in an attempt to heal. And I'm very pleased to report that it feels a heck of a lot better. I'm contemplating a run tomorrow morning. I've set my alarm anyway and will see how I feel. I've new stuff to try out so I'm eager to get out there.

I went to my slimming world group and I've lost 2lb this week which I'm pleased with considering I'm a run short of my usual routine. I seem to be averaging 2lb a week which is good enough for me. Carry on at that rate and I can shift 2 more stones by Christmas.

Today we took the small human to massive toy shop and said she could choose whatever she wanted as long as it added up to £50. She did well, there was a sale on and for a 2 and a half year old she was pretty savvy with her choices and got loads!

We had Sunday lunch out as a treat and it was delicious. I'm still quite full so I'm just going to have some skinny popcorn while watching TV in a bit rather than have a proper tea as I'd just be eating for the sake of it.

I've been thinking about what it is that's different this time than all the other attempts at losing weight since I had the baba. Ive never stuck to it this long before. I think its a combo of attending a group again and running. I kid myself when I weigh at home. I don't weigh when I've had a bad week and our floors are uneven so the scales aren't accurate. And exercise wise, nothing else motivated me to carry on every week like running when I did it last time and the same is true now. I join gyms and I go but I don't really like them, and I seem to go sporadically rather than on set days like I do now.

I think my heads in the right place finally and I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment