Thursday 15 September 2016

Fundraising has officially begun!

Holy crap! I have my first sponsor. Shit got real. Woooo!

I set up my just giving page last night just because I like to be organised. I didn’t really think about fundraising just yet as most people have probably just paid up for the people they sponsored in this years GNR but I shared it anyway just so it was out there. And a lovely lady has sponsored me £5. So, thats it now, its really real. Wow. I spent last night looking at winter running kit, as I don’t want to slack off during the cold weather (ok maybe snow will stop me but cold, wind and rain will not). I ordered some stuff online ready.

I have had a funny week diet wise this week. I have been pretty good, but we were at a christening on Sunday and buffet food was involved. I didn’t go mad but there wasn’t much that was slimming world friendly. In fact the only thing that was SW friendly were chicken drumsticks, and I am such a weirdo I cant eat meat off the bone like that, so I avoided them. My group leader says that over the course of a week, you have approximately 21 meals. If 1 meal out of that 21 isnt on track, but the other 20 are then there is no reason why you should not still have a good result. I know this makes sense but I also know my body is a right little sod about these things and I am not usually able to get away with even one off track meal. I guess we will see on Saturday. I have been for two runs this week, one slightly longer than usual and tomorrow will be my longer run (last week was 4.15 miles, Im going to aim for 4.25 this week).  My aim has been to get to 5 miles before Christmas and I think I am well on track to do that. Then I have 9 months to up that by another 8 – waaah!

Had a chat with a friend this morning on the way to work about online dating. Anyone who remembers my old blog will recall the horror stories I have from those days. Its not all bad though, I have a wonderful partner and daughter now thanks to online dating. But, my word it is hard work. I think I have decided that should I find myself single again, I shall stay that way.

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment