Monday 19 September 2016

New week, new plans

Its Monday once again and here begins a new week. I don’t really do exercise on weekends. I know this is likely to change as I need to increase my running time to train, as I will need to have more time at least once a week but for now, I am happy with Monday Wednesday and Friday as run days. It’s what I have always been used to. I may increase to 4 days at some point but not yet.

I am well prepped food wise this week, I have tonight’s tea in the slow cooker (giving this diet coke chicken a go for the first time ever), I have premade lasagnes and shepherds pies for Tuesday and Wednesday and I am having tea out Thursday (nandos, so I know what i can have from there to stay on track, it’s all good). At the weekend it’s just me and my baba for 3 days. My other half is going away on a golfing break from Friday morning to Sunday evening. We have a couple of things planned (kids party and we are going to the theatre to see stick man live) and I will probably do online food shopping this week too as won’t have a car with him being away. I’m kinda excited to try some different things. How sad am I? Haha.

I did a three mile run this  morning which I am pleased with, the back held up ok and fingers crossed it stays that way (caring for a toddler for 3 days on your own with a bad back is not fun, I can promise you that). I’ll do another one Wednesday and then hopefully Friday I will do a longer run. I’m at the cinema Wednesday night and out for tea thurs as I mentioned above, so I think the longer run will be necessary. I’m going to see the new Bridget Jones movie, but I am going to try and be good and maybe take grapes and a small bag of skinny popcorn rather than splurge on the movie stuff which is really bad.

I have some time off coming up soon and I cant wait. I always take a few days off for my birthday and this year is no exception. I start my week off with a hospital appointment for the little lady, which I hope goes alright. Then I am going away for 2 nights with the girls to Blackpool, to celebrate. We are booking a booth at the Funny Girls venue to watch their Halloween spectacular, then a few drinks somewhere and I think we will also squeeze in madame Tussauds. I haven’t been to blackpool for a while – I know that its reputation has gone downhill but I think for a daft weekend with the girls it will be perfect. I went for a day there last year and it was still fine. I think people maybe exaggerate things, it sounded like scenes from Ibiza uncovered when I was reading about it recently and it was nothing like that! I get back from there on the Sunday evening and Monday is my birthday. Nothing planned for the actual day yet. Will see if the mister pulls anything out of the bag. Monday is a run day though. So I may have a birthday run. Or I may give myself the day off. I shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment