Saturday 24 September 2016

Another weekend, another weigh in.

Yesterday was my longer run day. Last time I went out on a Friday was 2 weeks ago and I managed 4.15 miles. I mapped myself a 5 mile route and decided to try and do as much as I can of it and see where we get. Well, I only bloody did it! 5.25 miles in total, in about an hour and ten minutes, which is slower than most but I don't care. I ran over 5 miles! Me! I'm starting to feel optimistic, I have nearly a year and I reckon I have a good shot at this half marathon. My original aim when I started running in June was to be Up to 5 miles by Christmas, so now I'm upping that to 6. If I can get to that from nothing in 6 months, I can up that to 13 in 9, surely. 

Today was weigh in. I have been good all week bar Sunday when we had Sunday lunch out. Which was mainly ok but I had a Yorkshire pudding and a bit of cauliflower cheese and 2 little pigs in blankets which were not so good but other than that I've been on plan. I upped my running this week on all 3 days compared to usual. And I maintained. I am a little disappointed but I know that it happens. I also did my measurements and I have lost loads of centimetres even if the scales haven't budged this week. In September so far I have lost 9cm around my belly alone! I think 4 off my hips, 2 from my bust and 2 from my waist. So, I'm happy with that.

I've had a tough day, had to go to a kids party (avoided nibbling on any party food) and my OH is away this weekend so I'm on my own and the small one is going through a challenging stage too, but the day is almost done and tomorrow is a new day. I have meals planned all week. No social engagements. I can do this. It's my birthday in just over 2 weeks so next week will be my last weigh in as a 37 year old, as the weekend after I'm away. For my birthday I'm going on a girly weekend and I can't wait. Yes it's not going to be ideal diet wise but I'm trying to be as good as possible food wise, and just enjoy a big old drink haha. Going to try and get lots of running in before and after. My birthday is a Monday and we come back Sunday night. I usually run on a Monday so I may have a birthday run. We shall see. I want to, I guess it depends how alive I feel after a heavy weekend. 

I should probably start adding some other stuff in on non running days. I'll look at options. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks for reading xxx

1 comment:

  1. Your measurements are amazing. That's a fab result, and much more tangible than a number on a read out (as much as we care so much about the bloody numbers!) As for your runnig, you will have absolutely no proble with 13 miles (and don't forget
    the 0.1) I'm thinking of doing body weight resistance traiing on non running days, to work major muscle groups, as well as ab work, especially planks, to work on core stabilty. Everything I've read says that core strengh really improves running by improving general posture.

    ReplyDelete